Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dear Black Wall, I Love You!!


Do you dare...to paint your walls black?? Lately I have been obsessed with the idea of black walls, of course if done tastefully, can be go-gorgeous!! I just painted my bedroom, or else I would have added a black wall...thinking about bathroom ceiling though, oooooh should I?? Black walls are such a spectacular backdrop for gold frames and mirrors as well as white accessories...and much more. Here are a few beautiful photos with black walls...many ideas.
{apartment therapy}


OMG!!!! This bed is absolutely to DIE for and the black backdrop makes this a perfect bedroom in my book. STUNNING! {Living etc.}


What an interesting wall...I love it!! {apartment therapy}


Gorgeous Mirror to reflect the black walls.


YES...a nursery with black or dark navy walls looks soooo cool, don't you think? Its super funky...so forget the pastels. {Domino Mag}


This is a fun space, beautiful vintage yellow velvet chair against a black wall.{brooklyn modern}


I am obsessed with this kitchen...tried convincing Peter to paint our kitchen, and although he loves how it looks, didn't think it would be a good idea because of the crappy cabinets that we have right now. So would not go with black walls. UGH...but I love this. Designer Ruthie Sommers did an amazing job.


{velvet palette blog}


What a serene corner, love the color combo here {house of fraser}


I LOVE LOVE LOVE (I can say LOVE many more times here) this space, from the floors, to the chair and desk, to the windows and window treatment, the hour glass and other accessories, and of course the black wall. PERFECT!! {lonny mag.}


Beautiful bathroom!!


I don't have kids, but I want one of these. A black chalk board wall to scribble on...how fun would that be?? Actually, this entire house is stunning. Check it out here under residential projects then Shelter Island Fisherman's cottage. This house deserves an entire post...definitely will later.
Happy Painting.

XoXo

Iris

12 comments: