Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Dream of Gorgeous Closets!


So this isn't quite my dream closet...it's my REALITY. The other day, as I am deciding what to wear, my poor clothes all fell. Too heavy to handle, the rod gave. I stood there, not knowing if to yell, cry, or laugh. It was pretty funny actually (I am thankful that I have so many clothes) Now, this small itty bitty closet is not my only closet (for those of you already saying "wow what a small closet")it is the armoire I use for my prettier tops and some shoes. My other closet, probably only twice as big as this, is also packed where I have to use all of my force (and body) to move clothes to one side to get a pair of pants out :-( I like to believe that I AM organized, with all of my clothes hanging in the same slim no slip hangers, color coordinated, and so on...it's just crammed :-( I soooo need a bigger closet...like a walk in or better yet...an entire room. I already told Peter I want a place with an extra room just to use as MY closet:-) Of course, he agreed haha Happy "wife", happy life...Right?? My dream closet would be huge, with shelves for my purses, pull out drawers with glass tops for my accessories, metal shoe racks (to give it a bit of industrial feel), clothing racks on rollers to move around and play with the look of the space, built in shelves with double doors for my sweaters and other foldable pretties, it would have a beautiful vintage rug with a metal or wooden table in the center, an enormous department store style gold framed mirror, and an antique Victorian sofa upholstered in a gorgeous IKAT fabric, oh and some poofs (I love poofs)...aaah I can dream can't I?


I'd have to say that it was Carrie Bradshaw who set the standard WAY high and where all fashionistas started to day dream about having a gorgeous coveted closet.

Carrie Bradshaw's new dreamy closet.

And here is some of my inspiration for my "some day" dream closet or room :-)



{Domino}



{via Elle Decor}

{via Decor Pad}

{via Decor pad}

{via Decor Pad}


Happy Dreamin!

XoXo,

Iris

12 comments:

  1. Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details. slat wall, garment racks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts. slotted angle racks, garment racks.

    ReplyDelete