Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Around the World!!

It's finally Christmas. We celebrate tonight (and we do wait till midnight to open gifts) and will be getting together at my sister's house with her husband's family, my family, Peter and his mom, and close family friends. We made tamales and my aunt is making "frijoles con chorizo," yes, I know...very Mexican style haha. I am excited to have the entire family together and we plan to play pictionary and bingo...and will attempt to take a fairly decent family photo (wish us luck). I am also excited and relieved that the stress of Christmas is finally over. I think I bitched and complained a lot this year about shopping and how I hate the stress of the holidays, but I do have to say that the holiday season is pretty magical and I can't help but wonder what's it's like all around the world. I love to travel, and I wish I could travel around Christmas time...but 1) my family would kill me 2) The weather is not the greatest in some parts of the world and most likely flights would be cancelled and I would spend Christmas in a cold airport with stranger (sounds lovely huh?). But here is why it would be nice to get to know other places during the holidays....


Like Switzerland...


and Prague (I have been dying to go to Prague for some time now)


Parliament Hill in Ottawa


Ah, Paris!!!


Lindo y Querido, Mexico.


India...


and I had to add this one of India too, pretty cool


Hungary


Dutch City Gouda


China


Chile


Brazil


and how sweet is this photo by Axel Buhrmann in Africa


And finally...ofcourse Christmas in L.A....Hollywood!!!



and another one in Newport Beach, Ca


Wishing you all a Very Merry Jolly Christmas...and I hope Santa brings you all what you wished for, but most of all good health, peace, and LOVE!!!


XoXo

Iris

11 comments: