Monday, October 21, 2013

Congo Bars

I love when the weather starts getting cooler. Puts me in the mood for baking. Started off the baking season with these yummy Congo bars. They are fairly easy to make just as long as you don't over bake like I did my first batch.

Ingredients:

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour

2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2/3 cup butter, softened (not melted)

1 lb. light brown sugar

3 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

11.5 ounce package milk chocolate chips

1 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, and shredded coconut (I mixed all together to make 1 cup)

How to:

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. In another bowl, Stir brown sugar into softened butter in another large bowl until butter disappears. Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture and stir well. Add vanilla, chocolate chips, nuts (and coconut if you'd like). Mix well. Add the flour mixture and stir until well combined.

Coat a 13 x 9 pan with non-stick spray and spread batter evenly into dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (this is tricky because it may actually take less time, better to be under-baked than over-baked)or until top or golden brown.

~found this recipe on good ol' Pinterest, just wish I could remember the link to give credit to~

~Photos by me~

XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment