Sunday, December 29, 2013

Homemade Protein Bars

Well Hello there. I can finally breath now that Christmas has come and gone. Hope everyone had a lovely holiday with loved ones. Today was such a mellow-stay in PJ's all day kind of day, took advantage and organized/de-cluttered some (but oh so much more to get rid of). Something else I got to do today, and usually do on Sundays, is prepare my protein bars for the week. In trying to eat cleaner and healthier I make my own bars (lately, mostly for the sake of my poor skin). That way I know what goes in them. I used to buy box after box of granola bars to snack on, but they are loaded with sugar and preservatives and just all kinds of fake stuff. Now, I'm not saying these are the healthiest of the healthiest, but in my opinion, so much better than those store bought protein/granola bars.

These delicious protien bars are beyond easy and quick to make.

Here is what you will need:

1 cup of oats

1/2 cup of Peanut Butter (make sure the ONLY ingredient are peanuts)

1/4 cup of Pure RAW Honey

1 tsp of vanilla extract

Handful of tart cherries or dried cranberries

Dash of cinnamon

Mix all of the ingredients together.

Pour mixture into baking dish and press to make thin. Put in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.

Cut into bars...and Voila. This makes about 8 bars. I store each in individual snack bags so they are ready to grab in the mornings before I head out the door.

Easy Peasy!

So, I can't help but take photos of my new wooden measuring spoons that my guy gave me for Christmas. They are perfect. Hmm, how did he know I wanted some?! I guess he is listening every time we are in a store and I am mumbling about all of the things I like. Usually goes something like this..."Oh my gosh this is so cute," "ahh I want this," "oh my! I love," "Aw, I have wanted these forever." Ha! Thanks love for paying attention.

And lastly before I head off to my usual Sunday mani/pedi with a movie, I finally got around to organizing this cute little tin recipe box from Rifle Paper Co. (sorry had to include the darn cute spoons again). I can't wait to add more recipes through the years.

XoXo

3 comments:

  1. The granola bars look so yummy. The dried cranberries caught my eye because I love anything with cranberries.

    I can't have too much sugar right now though. :~(

    Love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know the nutritional facts on these homemade protein bars?

    ReplyDelete