Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook Kids

Happy New Year. Hope everyone enjoyed last nights festivities, whether they were out in a wild party or in snuggling with your loved ones. I chose to snuggle, just sounds so much better now a days (or I'm just getting old.) As I relaxed today, thinking about what I want to accomplish this year, I couldn't help but think of all of those families in Connecticut who are starting the new year with such sadness. A week ago I read about making snowflakes for Sandy Hook students. The plan is to create a winter wonderland by hanging them from all of the classrooms and halls of the school (not Sandy Hook) they will be returning to next week, with hopes to put smiles on those little faces that not too long ago were frightened little faces. However, they have been lovingly overwhelmed with snowflakes that at this time they are no longer accepting snowflakes, but instead would love to see photos of snowflakes made with intention of sending to them. I made some snowflakes and had planned on sending off this week, but even though these little paper guys won't make it to Connecticut, my thoughts are definitely with all of those kids that will be returning to school. I now plan to hang them by my office windows :-)

.

On another note, been listening to these guys quite a bit lately, and am loving this song. Enjoy.

CHEERS to a Beautiful New Year, may it bring us all happiness, success, health, peace, and LOVE.

Iris

4 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea. Your snowflakes are wonderful. I hope the new year brings you peace and joy, and I'm glad to have met you this year.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you were from California too. Happy New Year.
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snowflakes! Sounds like your New Years was just like mine...snuggled under a throw watching the festivities on TV. Happy New Year, Iris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose snuggling too for new year, yes getting older, and how luxurious it it!

    ReplyDelete