Sunday, August 28, 2011

Favorites from House Beautiful Sept. Issue (Finally).

I'm back!! Didn't go anywhere (well maybe to lazyville) but decided to take a week off from blogging. Didn't quite plan on it, but as the week went by, I just couldn't get myself to put together any posts for my blog and really didn't want to do it if it was going to feel like a chore. So, here is the post that I meant to put together last Monday (if you read last Sunday's short post you will remember I said I was reading House Beautiful Magazine and would post about my favorites from the issue the following day). Well here they are (a week later haha). Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday afternoon...and I hope everyone in the East coast is staying safe, been thinking about you all all day.



Has everyone seen the Jonathan Adler Brass Bibelots? I love these. I want one. The Peacock letter opener please. Cute Squirrel, too.

And I am loving this fabric gift wrap idea. I am always up for cute, unique, and creative ways to wrap gifts. Doesn't this seem super easy and fun. Find it HERE.

And in this issues of House Beautiful, the Paint Palette was this. What is it you ask? It's the Nasa satellite image of the dead Sea. It's hard to tell here, but the colors are amazing and compliment each other beautifully to create a very inspiring paint palette of blues, whitish pinks, blacks, and different shades of greens. I would love to see a room designed using this color palette.


Bright bathroom using all over wallpaper from Studio Printworks.

And of course, who didn't love the cover of this issue. The pinks are beyond fabulous. Designer Barry Dixon designed this gorgeous Capitol Hill row house. The artwork from Natural Curiosities above the mantel has got to be my favorite.

'The Next Wave' of this issue has Courtney Giles as the designer to keep an eye out for. Her designs are classically elegant and chic with a touch of masculinity. Definitely worth checking out for some inspiration.

And I saved the best (well at least for me) for last. The Deluuuuuhcious Mr. Martin Lawrence Bullard designed Julia Sorkin's Beverly Hills house and my oh my, is it stunning! From the checker board floors, to the amazing living room and black and white outdoor living space...it's jaw droppingly stunning.










And there you have it. There was so much more good stuff in this issue...but part of me is still in Lazyville and really didn't want to spend the rest of my Sunday searching for photos and links (sorry, but all my fellow bloggers get me I'm sure). Definitely worth buying this issue if you haven't already.
Have a great week.

XoXo

Iris

1 comment:

  1. The color palette you show in image #5 of Nasa's Dead Sea satellite is an interesting one. The colors are beautiful and I too would love to see a room designed in these colors.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete