Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baby Photos + Free Chair

I'm back, took a few days away from the computer again. Super busy at work and lately I just want to get home and kick my feet up and watch The Voice and X Factor and do nothing else...anybody else with me on these glamourous evening plans?

Anyhooo, this past Sunday I went over my dear friend's house to take photos of her darling little guy, Sebastian. OH BOY! Is he the cutest baby boy ever. It was fun, but like when I took my little nieces photos seen HERE, I was Exhausted by the end of the 6 hours (2 hour chitty-chatty lunch included). Here are a few of the photos that I took. Again, I rented the 60mm Macro lens to get the little details of this little one (and his BlaBla buddy Berry) Isn't he just delicious?

So, while chatting it up with my friend and her husband I noticed out in their backyard a wingback chair. What!?!?! All abandoned and no where to fit in the house. Um, hello!! Can I have it? Sure, it's yours...call it a trade for taking the babies photos. Uh, yeah!!!

Here it is (sorry for the horrible photos, it was night time)

So, I went to IKEA the next day and decided to pick up a yard of this lovely colorful fabric to semi cover it while I can decide on a fabric to have it re-upolstered. The chair has such good bones, it's current fabric is actually in good condition (minus little tears on the arms), but you know me...it needs to be changed.

I also threw this fur on it for now. (I'll be cutting the fabric to cover arms too)

Here are a few photos for inspiration. Loving the patterned chairs, but I'm also a sucker for plain fabrics and then throwing a patterned pillow or throw over it. What do you guys think?

I would love to get my hands on this fabric. This one would be so perfect.

I'm also playing with the idea of having it covered in white, but have the back in a cool pattern (leaning towards an ethnic pattern like the previous 2 above).

For now this chair will have to sit as is while I decide on a fabric and find a good upholsterer that won't cost me an arm and a leg, hey at least the chair was free, right?

XoXo

Iris

If anyone knows of a good and inexpensive upholsterer in the L.A. area, please let me know.

{Images via Anthropologie, A life's Design, JK Capri, House Beautiful, remodelaholic, Elle Decor, Urbanmotifs on Etsy, Amber Interiors, Design Sponge, Pure Style Home,}

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet little fellow! My brother's birthday is October 3 and mine was Oct 2. October is a great birthday month and he is a Libra! Charming for sure...at least my brother sure was!

    I'm in love with the chinoiserie fabric on the chair in your photo. It's gorgeous. I also love to see plain fabric covered on chairs with a pillow that has pops of color too.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So,I'm severly addicted to X Factor, and love photos of Lil' Sebastian BUT I like my wingchairs colourful and printy and boeheme (almost) it just brushes off the seriousness and makes them fun and cosy. So I love your mixy matchy wing chair.

    What a fun post.
    xx
    Siddy
    www.SiddySays.com

    ReplyDelete