Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Itty Bitty Elements of Louis XVish Style

I had a request from my cousin for this post...he was lucky enough to get some louis XV furniture that belonged to an aunt of ours and he is wondering how to decorate with it. I love this style, as long as it is not too overwhelming. I think toning it down with more modern pieces, maybe a shag rug, but definitely not too many "museum like antiques" please.
Take a looks at some inspiration...and how to mix this style up a bit.








































And here are some products all found over at LiveLikeYou shop that I think will look great with this particular style.

I think pillows like these from LiveLikeYou would look perfect on a Louis XV style sofa/settee. And there are so many colors to choose from.
Great Coffee Table. All in the details. Awesome accessories.
And lastly, I love this idea if a chair needs a little makeover. A shag. Super easy and inexpensive.

{Via french style, Karges Furniture, Living etc., Robert-couturier-design, Elle Decor, House Beautiful, LiveLikeYou}


XoXo

Iris

5 comments:

  1. Me encanta!! combinare elementos modernos con la sala, gracias Iris besos, te enviare fotos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspirational photos...I love images 3 and 5. A great mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kinda furniture especially combined with some modern items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos and really nice blog :)
    IF you want check out my blog, i will be really greateful :)
    The Spotted Cherry Pie

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first pink couch. The addition of comfortable pillows really makes this style more approachable and modern. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete