Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Project Inspiration Week .....The Ornate Mirror

Still undecided on the trunk from yesterday's post...kinda leaning on leaving it alone (just giving it a nice clean) till I tire of it then I'll paint it. Ok, but on to the inspiration for my next project...the ornate mirror. The plan is to give it a good lacquer, most likely in black. Really wanted it white, to hang it on a black wall...but I really don't need painting walls as a project right now. My babe has had this mirror before we started dating, so I kinda feel bad and I'm a little afraid to ruin it...but he swore to me he didn't care...um, ok :-)

I'm pretty decided on black...but check out some of these colorful mirrors among the black and white ones, they are pretty cool too.

Wish me luck...might get this one going this weekend.

XoXo,

Iris

{images via horchow.com, honeywerehome.blogspot, blog.wayfair, marcusdesigninc., mirrormirrorsss, living with white, knight moves blog, Etsy, Martha Stewart, Splenderosa}

3 comments:

  1. These mirrors are stunning. We're looking for a perfect mirror to go over our dining room table and any of these would rock. Love this post, girlie. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my wedding day post. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iris,

    Black lacquer would be striking. I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! I just found your blog lovely! I love these! And that's why I just followed you. Follow back please? ♥
    Thanks!

    http://blowarainbow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete