Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Project Inspiration Week....The Small Bench

I will definitely need a steady hand for this one. Love bone inlay...but I can't afford it, so I am going to fake it. Found the smallest piece of furniture in the house, with the most simplest of lines to try this on...can't imagine doing a large piece with all of the detail it requires. Plan is to paint bench, detail it using Martha Stewart pearl paint, and re-upholster it. Phew! Wish me luck my sweets.

Oh My!!! Isn't the inspiration lovely?

XoXo,

Iris

{Images via Mixfurniture, Design Sponge, Houzz, Simplified Bee, The Decorista, Apartment Therapy, chinoiseriechic, fentonandfenton.com.au, wellappointedhouse}

1 comment:

  1. I love the blue and white inlay! I'm excited to see the fabric you're going to use. It's really not hard to upholstery, I've done it several times. Just make sure you use a staple gun with upholstery staples and pull the fabric taut. I had my husband staple while I pulled the fabric. I've done chair seats and the top of an old sewing machine seat. It's fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete