Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rugs in the Kitchen



So continuing with yesterday's kitchen theme...I wanted to post about rugs in the kitchen, specifically oriental/kilim rugs. LOVE them in kitchens, but of course I can't help but think "will they get dirty all of the time?" "would it be worth having them washed consistently if they do get dirty?" "How expensive of a rug would I really want to put in the kitchen?" and so on...BUT then I say "The warmth a beautiful rug adds to a kitchen would make all of the hassle well worth it" (I think). I am obsessed with the kitchen below (same picture I posted yesterday)...and it inspired me to write this post. What are you thoughts on having a rug in the kitchen?



{via High Gloss Mag.}



{via LONNY mag.}



{via ELLE decor}



{found at svkkitchenandbath.blogspot.com}



{via High Gloss Mag.}



{via Elle Decor}



{via Sunset}
Very first image via oldhouseonline.com

XoXo,

Iris

3 comments:

  1. I love the dimenson it adds to a kitchen but I definitely wouldn't go expensive because right after I bought I am sure I would spill a big pot of tomatoe soup or something on it!!! But, I do think a kilim is a good choice because of the pattern...doesn't shot the dirt...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I love them. Most of these rugs wont show stains, and I vacuum mine regularly. (OK, I try to.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pleasant assortment never seen such uncommon things kitchen cloths. much obliged for sharing this data.Pool heater reviews consumer reports

    ReplyDelete